Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mexican dancing

My cell phone screen shattered and I am scared I am going to cut myself on the keyboard. So, I am braving it and ready to get a bandaid if needs be.

A couple weekends ago, Ryan's co-worker down here and his wife invited us to  a Stake Activity in their Stake. It was a Mexican Dancing performance by a huge group of lds high schoolers. It was AWESOME!

There is a professional dance show here called Ballet Folklorico which is the same kind of show, just on a professional level. It's on my "bucket list" to see while we are here.

There were so many dances and costumes, and different kids of Mexican music. I learned that each state in Mexico has it's own song or "anthem" as well as dance, and a costume to go with it. How cool is that. The U.S. seems to lack some culture. I mean, let's show 50 birds and flowers from each state, yippee.

Anyway, it was loud and colorful and so much fun. One of our favorite dances was when the kids put a glass beer, errrrr I mean Coke bottle on their head, partially filled with water and they danced with it on their head, without it falling. It was so neat to see. The costumes were so beautiful, I think we will have to buy some for our girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment