Wednesday, April 16, 2014

We are one big emotional at this house.

Let me start by saying I am going on 18 hours and only 4 hours of sleep the night before. When this happens, my brain gets a wee bit emotional.

My kids haven't had a normal bedtime schedule since our trip to Acapulco. A couple of my girls, when they lack sleep.... wowzers, it makes for some serious emotions!

So all of those combined.... and these are my thoughts:

I wish I were home today. Like, home home. In my South Jordan house, in my sleep number bed enjoying the lack of dogs barking all night.

My girls have really handled this whole move incredibly well. There really hasn't been any complaining or any problems. It's like a super long vacation.

Today, one of my girls hit the bottom. The Sunday before left, there were lots of tears. My girls were so sad to leave their friends, their Primary teachers, their Primary leaders. I looked them in the eyes and promised them that they would have friends, good friends right away. I lied to my kids. I shouldn't have promised that. I guess I thought things would be a little different than what they are.

My girls are bonding so well with each other. I am so grateful for this experience so that my girls have to play with, rely on and have to get along with each other. It just breaks my heart that as I am making great friends, they aren't. Instead they are missing their friends back home immensely.

So today, it has been a hard day. Hopefully tomorrow after a full nights rest and some Skype time with some bff's back home we will all feel better. And, back to loving and enjoying being here.

See.... one big crazy emotional roller coaster over. Boy, it will sure be fun in 8 years when all of us girls are menstruating at the same time. Poor Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment