Saturday, April 12, 2014

Chapultepec Zoo

Today we went to the Chapultepec Zoo with my Mom. It it a pretty good zoo. The BEST part of it was the butterfly exhibit. My girls are totally into butterflies... their girls! Butterflies and fairies, it's who we are here in this girly house.

We saw so many different kinds of butterflies. We saw caterpillars, we saw cocoon's, we saw the butterflies hatching.  We actually got to open a container that had a hatched butterfly, waiting to fly. They asked us to "name our butterfly". It was a beautiful light green butterfly, so naturally the girls named it "Minty". Brooklyn came up with that one.

She is a funny kid, she wasn't a huge fan of the butterfly exhibit. At first she thought it was cool, until they starred flying all around her. Scared the poor girl.

There was a butterfly that crawled onto Lauryn's finger. That made her day!

We took my Mom to a great little Mexican restaurant called Villa Maria. We saw this little sitting area outside and I had to take a picture of the girls.

I love it here, I am grateful we jumped in together to do this crazy adventure. I am loving it, but I really miss Target and Cafe Rio. But being able to order Fresca at every restaurant is sort of an ok trade.  We are loving Mexico. We are making great friends. We get to see so many neat things. We see so many tender mercies from our Savior, and we are so grateful for the amazing opportunity Ryan has to work on the house of the Lord. The hundreds and thousands of people that this temple blesses just makes this an even richer experience.

We are blessed!
(Yes Tricia, I said it... just for you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment