Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Oh, how I miss you!!!

It has been FOUR whopping days and there are a few things I already miss:

-My bed. Oh, sleep number bed, how I long for you. I miss you, until we meet again.

-My thermostat. There is power with having your own thermostat. You control the warmth/cool in your house, you also control your power bill. I don't care much about the bill, but I do care about my poor toes not being cold. Conserve energy.... pffff. The guy who invented that whole "conserve energy turn down your thermostat" didn't grow up in Utah.

I miss my house. I love my house. I even spoke to my house as I was doing the "final walk-through". I told her that I will miss her and that I am sorry to leave her, but we will be together again soon.

My dearest of dear friends. I already miss you. I miss you like CRAZY! I have a good handful of amazing friends who have taught me so much. I don't think they realize what they teach me, but THEY TEACH ME! I am such a better person because of these ladies. I have one friend who teaches me how to be a better mom. I am trying to be a good mom, I do have epic fails... especially lately. But, I think of her and how she talks to and treats her kids, and it helps me remember what I always wanted to be when I was young... a mom. I am living that dream and I need to remember that. I have another friend who is my greatest cheerleader, she wrote me a card. I am taking that card to Mexico with me so that I have a little piece of her with me. Anytime I get discouraged I will read that card and I will be able to hear her voice cheering me on.
I have another friend who I laugh with non-stop. When we get together it is dang hilarious. She just lets me be me and I always walk away laughing. She has also taught me to love myself. I was told that when you hit your 30's you will begin to truly know who you are and feel comfy in your own skin. I am so grateful she is in my life, because she has taught me this. I have a friend who has taught me just how to think. I come to her with questions and she has the answer. It is usually not an answer I had even thought of. She is one who can put me in my place in the kindest of ways. She has taught me how to grow from being a lady into a woman. She teaches me something every single time I am around her. Another friend of mine has stuck with me during some of my hardest life lessons. She was there for me during the loss of my daughter, during personal friend challenges, and just anytime I needed a chat. She has a dear place in my heart and will always. She keeps me grounded and we certainly have shared a ton of laughs. I have a friend who shows me what the true meaning of service is. She is always serving. She teaches me how to be more Christ-like. She is by far one of the most empathetic people and I can always whine and complain to her and she is there to show me the positive. She is amazing.

They are ALL amazing and I consider each of these ladies a blessing. "Count Your Blessings", again comes to my mind. Although it might sound a little goofy in church if I sang each of their names during the chorus. I am thinking that song will be my theme song for the next few months.

I am currently in my parents home, but already I miss them. I am going to miss them it hurts my heart. My Mom and I are the best of friends and it will be such a challenge for me to not be able to call her up and say, "let's go to the fabric store" or "want to meet up for lunch". She has been retired for a bit now and it has been so much fun having her home. She is one of my greatest blessings. She is amazing and she is a true example of Christ-like love. I am going to miss her so much and my kids are going to miss their Grandma terribly.

This is all going to be tough. But, I am tough. I can handle it. Well, I think I can.


1 comment:

  1. We miss you already; you have been the greatest neighbor. We'll watch over your house for you. God bless you on your fantastic adventure!

    ReplyDelete